For more than 90 years, Shure has been one of the leading suppliers of professional audio technology. Our products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority. Shure Incorporated is presented through a global partner network in more than 80 countries, with offices in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
To reinforce our Integrated Systems team in the UK we are looking for a
Applications Engineer, Integrated Systems Software Support
Working in Integrated Systems Support, the Application Engineer provides primary technical product support for Integrated Systems software products, as well as other products that rely on firmware and network configuration. Provides secondary product technical support for the balance of the Shure Integrated Systems product line.
- Identify and resolve internal and customers application issues with Shure products, including performing follow-up technical support, by working with Product Development, Product Management, Service, Quality Assurance, and other departments.
- Resolves software troubleshooting issues, as it relates to Shure products (installation, OS configuration, network access control, network configuration and AV systems best practices, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance in the design/integration of customer applications relating to complex network infrastructure.
- Provides technical assistance with software installation and configuration, particularly as it relates to server and corporate IT-based environments, including network access control and endpoint management.
- Assisting integrators and users with licensing and renewal issues.
- Assisting with configuration and ongoing training of Shure software to integrators and end users.
- Be an advocate for Shure’s software offering at key industry events.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer technology or IT-related field. Software support experience. Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems, IT infrastructure, mass software deployment, network access control, implementation and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with enterprise endpoint management tools (Group Policy, SCCM, InTune, Jamf, Workspace ONE)
- Familiarity with enterprise networking hardware, advanced switch configuration (VLAN, IGMP Snooping, etc.) and network debugging/monitoring tools (Wireshark, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with software installation and troubleshooting in both Linux and Windows environments, client/server systems, etc. – Mac experience desirable.
- Demonstrated ability of working on complex assignments where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Ideally have supported software deployment and integration skills
- Experience in support and troubleshooting A/V conferencing systems desirable. Exposure to soft codecs (Zoom / Skype For Business /Blue Jeans / Starleaf etc highly desirable.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ability to manage new assignments and provide guidance to others
- Superb problem solving/troubleshooting skills, ability to support face to face, virtually and on the telephone
- Organized and with the ability to work in a team or on their own initiative, develop working methods, standard practice and follow-up procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Intense desire to learn and keep up to date on technical matters
- A keen interest in audio products and driven by supporting new disruptive technologies
- Determination to successfully introduce a new product to a forward thinking market
A challenging job in an international working environment with tremendous potential for future growth. It also goes without saying that we offer an attractive salary as well as comprehensive benefits.
How to apply
Please send your written application and CV - in English - to: email@example.com.
For more information about the position, please contact Wendy Baker:
+44 1992 703107
Shure - Sound Extraordinary