Shure Unveils Second Generation AONIC 50 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones: Now Featuring Spatial Audio and Advanced Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation
AONIC 50 Gen 2 Provides the Perfect Blend of Innovation and Enhanced Personalized Listening with up to 45 hours of Battery Life
CHICAGO, August 31, 2023—Today, Shure introduced its highly anticipated AONIC 50 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones Gen 2. Drawing on decades of stage and studio expertise, the AONIC 50 Gen 2 Headphones break new ground with a revolutionary spatialized audio experience, designed to captivate music enthusiasts and discerning audiophiles alike. Building on the success of the AONIC 50 Headphones, this second generation sets a new standard for premium, high-fidelity audio, enhanced active noise cancellation, and more than double the battery life of the first generation, with up to 45 hours of runtime.
Meticulously crafted with premium materials and studio-quality sound through custom-engineered 50mm dynamic drivers, AONIC 50 Gen 2 Headphones are an embodiment of comfort and style that take listening to the next level. They have been designed by leveraging Shure’s experience designing headphones for studio professionals with long hours in mind. With customizable EQ features and new hybrid active noise cancellation technology, users can tailor their unique preferences using the free ShurePlus™ Play App for a personalized audio experience.
At the heart of the AONIC 50 Gen 2 Headphones is Shure’s new spatialized audio technology, powered by a proprietary algorithm, designed using a combination of acoustical modeling and critical listening to delicately enhance the spaciousness without compromising the original audio. This feature provides three distinct modes—Music, Cinema, and Podcast:
- Music Mode: enables users to experience listening through high-end speakers and is the most subtle, maintaining the original source material.
- Cinema Mode: emulates the low frequency excitement that users experience in a theater that employs subwoofers for an immersive, larger-than-life sound through clarity, presence, and natural sounding dialogue.
- Podcast Mode: brings the voice of a user’s favorite podcast host closer to their ears.
“The AONIC 50 Gen 2 is designed to deliver an exceptional listening experience that is built on the heritage of the previous generation. We incorporated the latest innovations, including spatialized audio options and Qualcomm Snapdragon Sound™ Technology, taking the audio to the next level,” said Sean Sullivan, Associate Director of Global Product Management, at Shure. “For passionate audiophiles and music lovers, the magic lies even in the tiniest details. The AONIC 50 Gen 2 provides a pure, high-resolution listening experience paired with our latest digital signal processing (DSP) options, so listeners can customize to their preferences and immerse themselves in their own private concert.”
This second-generation headphone ushers in new hybrid active noise cancellation technology, improving on the performance of the earlier generation and more effectively eliminating external distractions, enabling a truly immersive and natural listening experience. By using microphones inside and outside the earcup, the AONIC 50 Gen 2 offers users the ability to fine-tune their auditory environment, effortlessly controlling the level of ambient noise. Featuring four selectable modes—Light, Moderate, Max, and MaxAware—the new MaxAware setting strikes the perfect balance between blocking unwanted noise and maintaining awareness of your surroundings, making it ideal for on-the-go conversations.
Additional Features and Benefits:
- Enhanced Environment Mode: Immerse yourself in the outside world with a simple switch. The adjustable slider on the ShurePlus™ PLAY app lets you refine the ambience settings to your liking.
- Extended Battery Life: Holds up to 45 hours of battery life with quick charging capabilities, more than doubling runtime from the earlier generation. The quick charge feature provides up to five hours of use with only 15 minutes of charge.
- Customizable EQ: Choose from a variety of presets or create your own personalized sound profile using the ShurePlus™ PLAY app. Save your settings directly to the headphones for a seamless and personalized audio experience across different apps and devices.
- Crystal Clear Communication: Experience superior call quality with beamforming microphone technology and proprietary automatic gain control (AGC) settings. Leveraging six microphones, the precision-engineered system adjusts automatically to minimize surrounding noises, providing unmatched clarity for video calls and phone conversations.
- Cutting-Edge Bluetooth® 5 Wireless Technology: Seamlessly connect to your phone, tablet, or laptop with the class one transmitter, offering enhanced stability and a remarkable range of up to 100 meters.
- Premium Headphone Amplifier: Enjoy support for Snapdragon Sound™ with Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive technology for high-res music streaming, and AAC, SBC, and LDAC codecs.
Snapdragon Sound Technology, incorporated into the second generation of AONIC 50 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, is designed to provide an unparalleled audio experience. By optimizing a suite of technologies by Qualcomm Technologies across connected devices, Snapdragon Sound delivers consistent, crystal clear and captivating audio. Users can enjoy every detail of their music just as the artist intended and feel better connected to colleagues and loved ones through voice and video calls with true-to-life audio.
“Qualcomm Technologies is excited to work with Shure, a premier brand known and loved by audiophiles, on their new AONIC 50 Gen 2 headphones” said Mike Canevaro, Director, Marketing, Snapdragon Sound, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “By incorporating Snapdragon Sound into these headphones, Shure is ensuring their customers hear every detail of their music exactly as the artist intended, with robust and reliable connectivity.”
The AONIC 50 Gen 2 joins Shure’s famous AONIC product lineup, which is already well known for its acoustic superiority, reliability, innovation, and excellence. Additionally, the modern “all-black” design has up to 45 hours of battery life to provide long-term listening and comfort. The redesigned carrying case, smaller than the previous generation, delivers a portable design that folds flat for easy storage. These headphones are the all-in-one solution for those looking for studio-quality sound, improved hybrid noise cancellation, spatialized audio technology, extended battery life, advanced environment mode, and more.
Pricing and Availability:
The AONIC 50 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones Gen 2, is available now in Black in at Shure.com and select retailers for $349 USD. Purchase includes a two-year warranty, protective zippered carrying case, 3.5mm audio cable, and a USB-C charging/audio cable.