Introducing AONIC FREE: Shure's First True Wireless Earphones
CHICAGO, November 4, 2021—Today, Shure is unveiling the latest addition to its AONIC listening portfolio—AONIC FREE True Wireless Sound Isolating™ Earphones. Following up on the heels of the launch of AONIC 215 GEN 2, the AONIC FREE earphones introduce a new hook-free, pocketable design and unite it with the same unmatched studio quality sound that artists, audiophiles, commuters, technophiles, and music lovers have relied on from Shure’s AONIC line. AONIC FREE boasts top-notch call performance in a sleek, lightweight, and compact design with long-lasting battery life, meaning these earphones are ready for an on-the-go lifestyle and the adventure that lies ahead.
Engineered from decades of experience supporting legendary performers, AONIC FREE provides clear, studio-quality sound with deep bass. This class-leading sound is powered by a premium amplifier and driver combination that was rigorously tested and tuned together—providing an unparalleled listening experience tailored to user preferences. In a world where personalization is expected, listeners can express their musical identity by customizing their audio experience with the ShurePlus™ Play app’s custom multi-band EQ and pre-sets.
Whether commuting to work or tuning out the drone of an airplane engine as you get ready to take off, exceptional Sound Isolation Technology is incorporated, blocking out most environmental noise. To hear immediate surroundings, Environmental Mode activates exterior microphones with just the press of a button—now users can hear traffic while traversing a busy city.
“Today’s consumers are moving faster than ever and want a listening experience that is hassle-free and comfortable without sacrificing sound quality,” said Ellen Mahon, Senior Manager, Global MCA Marketing, at Shure. “As we developed AONIC Free, we set out to create an earphone that contained Shure’s industry-leading audio and mic performance, durability, and reliability while providing the ease and convenience that makes true wireless earphones so popular. Features such as extended battery life, stereo calls, and customizable EQ with the ShurePlus Play app ensure that these earphones can deliver what our customers demand.”
Notable key features and benefits include:
- Sound Isolation Technology—Based on in-ear monitors worn by musicians for hours at a time on stage, AONIC FREE’s combination of a foam sleeve and an ergonomically angled design comfortably blocks up to 37dB while providing a distortion-free, secure fit for use all day long.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life—With 21 total hours of playback, your epic playlist has met its match. The earbuds provide seven hours of listening with two full additional charges from the pocket friendly carrying case. A fast charge feature provides one hour of playback after only 15 minutes in the case. The case’s form factor was designed to transport easily, so users will never be without a charge.
- Crystal Clear Call Audio—AONIC FREE makes it easy to navigate calls no matter the circumstance. With strategically placed mics with beamforming DSP that intelligently picks up just your voice, noise suppression technology that blocks outside sound, and Auto Gain Control, AONIC FREE ensures your voice is heard – not the surrounding environment.
- Optimal Usability—Users have the freedom to customize volume, playback, and call control with a single press on either the left or right earbud. Button function can also be customized in the ShurePlus Play App.
- Customizable EQ—When paired with the free ShurePlus PLAY App, listeners can personalize Environment Mode levels. Available for iOS and Android, the app is also a full-featured music player with EQ, supporting standard and hi-res music files. In addition to the feature controls, it lets users customize tone and voice prompts for important notifications, like power on/off, connection confirmation, and low battery.
AONIC FREE features Bluetooth 5® and supports multiple audio codecs, including aptX™, AAC, and SBC. Shure’s True Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones, AONIC FREE, are now available in Graphite Gray and retail for $199 USD. Purchase includes the earphones, a fit kit with Comply™ foam sleeves in S/M/L, pocketable charging case, and USB-C charging cable.
AONIC FREE Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones are now available at select retailers and at www.shure.com/en-US/products/earphones/aonic_free.