MOTIV™ Mobile Recording App
ShurePlus MOTIV mobile recording app offers recording, monitoring, and control with all Shure MOTIV Digital Microphones and recording solutions. Include metering, equalization, and compression, wind noise reduction, improved UI, and a new editor.
ShurePlus MOTIV™ Videos
Lavalier Microphone for Smartphone or Tablet
Offering clear audio capture, the discreet MVL plugs into the headphone jack of iOS and Android devices with recording capabilities via a 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRRS connector.
Digital Audio Interface
Digital audio interface connects a professional XLR microphone or 1/4" instrument output to a computer or mobile device.
Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone
Record crystal-clear audio with your iPhone & iPad via the MV88. Brilliantly capture it all – from the loudest performances to the details of voice.
Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The Shure MV51 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone with USB connectivity and DSP presets, so you can record vocals, singing and acoustic instruments.
Digital Condenser Microphone
The Shure MV5 is a digital condenser microphone with USB connectivity for instant set up. Record professional audio directly to your laptop or computer.
Stereo Condenser Microphone
The Shure MV88+ Video Kit is a stereo condenser microphone with all accessories included to get recording directly to your phone in an instant. Just add phone.
Stereo Condenser Microphone
The Shure MV88+ Stereo USB Mic is a stereo condenser microphone with multiple pick-up patterns and adjustable stereo width; a musicians best friend.
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Version 3.7.0(ShurePlus MOTIV - Android)
Version 3.7.5(ShurePlus MOTIV - iOS)
- Fixed issue related to recording with 44.1kHz sample rate on iOS 16
- A small percentage of users may receive a numerical error message while recording, such as “-1” or “66570.” These messages occur when there was an error writing to the device and are related to Apple’s new file system (APFS). One of these errors can occur even if your device has plenty of remaining storage. We recommend clearing up your device storage from the Settings screen, and if that doesn’t resolve the issues, doing a full restore from iTunes, consisting of backing up your device, wiping/restoring to factory settings, and restoring from the backup.
- If you monitor your recordings with Bluetooth earphones, you may hear artifacts, such as noise, while monitoring. If this occurs, we recommend changing the sample rate of your recordings. Some products may produce artifacts at 44.1 kHz, while others may do so for 48 kHz recordings. Please keep in mind that even if you hear artifacts while monitoring, they will not be present in the recordings themselves.
- When connected to iPad Pro via a USB-C cable, the MV88+ will pass audio and gain can be adjusted. However, the MOTIV apps will only display ‘external mic’, and the settings screen will not be available. Shure recommends using another device to configure the settings before using with iPad Pro. No adjustments can be made in real-time (except gain) on the Shure MOTIV apps when using an iPad Pro.
- MV7 User Guide
- MV88+ User Guide
- MV88 User Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- This app is compatible with iOS 14 or later. We can’t ensure compatibility or full feature functionality with older operating systems.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch
- Please report problems and submit general feedback through the app (About > Feedback)
Find An Answer
MOTIV™ Desktop App
Access additional features and controls on your MV7 or MV88+ with the free ShurePlus MOTIV™ App for desktop
MOTIV™ Video App
ShurePlus™ MOTIV Video is a free iOS application enabling users to record with uncompressed audio for video.