Condenser stereo microphone combines 2 condenser cartridges to create a stereo audio image of the sound source. It includes a windscreen, swivel adapter, and Y-cable, switch-selectable, low-frequency roll off, internal shock mount, and a pop screen.
The Shure Model VP88 is a single-point, stereo condenser microphone for use in professional studio recording, field production, electronic news gathering (ENG), and studio broadcasting applications. It combines two condenser cartridges in a single housing to create a stereo audio image of the sound source. It is unique in its ability to capture the realism of a live event and yet withstand rigorous field production environments.
One cartridge (Mid) faces forward to capture on-axis sound using a cardioid pickup pattern. The other cartridge (Side) is bi-directional, capturing sound from either side. The VP88 contains an internal M-S matrix with three settings for different degrees of stereo image separation. The internal matrix can be bypassed if an external matrix is used or if stereo imaging is done in post-production.
- Time-coherent, Mid-Side (M-S) design for optimal stereo imaging
- Built-in stereo matrix for direct control of the stereo spread; direct M-S outputs available
- Mono compatibility ideal for broadcast applications
- Low noise and distortion
- Wide dynamic range
- Switch-selectable, low-frequency rolloff (12 dB/octave below 80 Hz) for reduced pickup of ambient noise & stand vibration
- Operates on phantom power or a 6V camera battery
- LED power indicator
- Internal shock mount for reduced stand vibration and handling noise
- Built-in "pop" screen
- Includes windscreen, swivel adapter, and Y-cable
- 1 - 80A463 Battery
- 1 - 26A14 Carrying bag
- 1 - 49A91 Foam Windscreen
- 1 - 90B4046 Swivel Adapter
- 1 - 90A4148 0.76 m Y-Splitter Cable
Microphone for professional audio- and video productions
Sleek, ergonomic mic with high energy neodymium magnet. Clarity and crispness for speech reproduction.
Short shotgun microphone for semi-professional applications
Professional shotgun microphone for camera-mounted A / V media production applications.
Premium Modular Shotgun Microphone
Features interchangeable long, medium, and short capsules for critical broadcast and media production applications.
Compact, lightweight, durable microphone with a professional sound and appearance.