Condenser Instrument Microphone
Cardioid condenser instrument microphone offers a wide frequency response and low self-noise. Features include flat response curve, low noise and high output clipping level, low distortion over a range of load impedances, and low RF susceptibility.
The Shure SM81 is a high-quality, unidirectional condenser microphone designed for studio recording, broadcasting, and sound reinforcement. Its wide frequency response, low noise characteristics, and low RF susceptibility have made it a standard for applications involving acoustic instruments, especially guitar, piano, and cymbals.
The SM81 is ruggedly constructed. It operates on phantom power and performs over a wide range of temperatures and humidity conditions. It is furnished with a swivel adapter, attenuator-switch lock, foam windscreen, and case for carrying and storage. Other accessories are available.
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Flat response curve for accurate reproduction of sound sources
- Low noise and high output clipping level
- Low distortion over a wide range of load impedances
- Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sounds
- Low RF susceptibility
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
- 0 dB/10 dB lockable attenuator switch
- Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)
- Rugged steel construction for durability
- Field-usable over wide range of temperature and humidity conditions
- 1 - swivel adapter
- 1 - attenuator-switch lock
- 1 - foam windscreen
- 1 - carrying case
Christian Assembly church in Los Angeles, California, first began as a small prayer group of Italians during the Azusa Street Revival Movement in the early 1900s.
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Professional Instrument Condenser Microphone
Versatile, flat-response condenser microphone in both acoustic and high volume performance applications.
Cardioid Instrument Microphone
A versatile, durable, and precise single cardioid polar pattern instrument microphone.
Dual Pattern Instrument Microphone
End-address condenser microphone with mechanically switching dual polar patterns.
Side-Address Condenser Microphone with interchangeable capsules
Precision-engineered small-diaphragm condenser microphone with interchangeable polar pattern capsule options.