The Beta 98/S condenser microphone is precision-engineered for high-SPL instrument applications. Its supercardioid polar pattern provides maximum isolation from other onstage sounds.
What is the Beta 98S best suited to?
It’s a premium instrument microphone which is ideal for use with a variety of instruments such as drums, conga, piano, reed, wind and string in both stage and studio applications.
What are the Charactaristics of the Beta 98S?
It has a tailored frequency response of 20Hz – 20KHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 125dB. It has a supercardioid pickup pattern providing high gain before feedback. A seperate in-line preamplifier is included as well as a 25ft detatchable cable to go between the pre-amp and the mic. The pre-amp output is through a male XLR socket, and requires phantom power.
This mic is also available with a drum mount. See Beta 98D/S
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Optional A98D drum mount is unobtrusive and versatile, allowing precise positioning of the microphone while holding it firmly in place
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
Overview on all Beta 98 models
|Interchangeable Capsue||Mounting (incl.)||Cable (incl.)||RPM626 Preamp||Wireless Option|
|Beta 98S||Supercardioid||Cardioid (RPM108)||Stand mount (RK282)||95A2398 (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98D/S||Supercardioid||Cardioid (RPM108)||Drum mount (A98D)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98H/C||Cardioid||Supercardioid (RPM110)||Horn mount||fixed||InLine, fixed||no|
|WB98H/C||Cardioid||Supercardioid (RPM110)||Horn mount||fixed||without||yes|
|Beta 98A/C||Cardioid||-||Stand mount (RK282)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98AD/C||Cardioid||-||Drum mount (A98D)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98AMP/C||Cardioid||-||Universal mount (A75M)||-||integrated||bo|
- 1 - 95A2314 Zippered Carrying Bag
- 1 - RPM626 In-Line Preamplifier
- 1 - 95A2398 7.6 m (25 ft.) light-weight cable
- 1 - RK282 Shock-Mount Swivel Adapter
- 1 - RK183WS Windscreen
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Snare and tom microphone delivers a tailored frequency response and high gain-before-feedback, and consists of an A98D Drum Mount.
Miniature Instrument Microphone
Miniature instrument microphone delivers high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise due to its cardioid pickup pattern.