Large Dual-Diaphragm Microphone
Dual-diaphragm cardioid microphone delivers exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range. It features a natural off-axis response, a dual-diaphragm with a gold Mylar diaphragm, 3-stage grille, and internal shock mount.
This premium side-address, cardioid condenser microphone features a large dual-diaphragm capsule, optimized for world-class vocal recording and performance applications. With a tailored frequency response and extensive internal and external pop filtering, the single-pattern, dual-diaphragm design of the KSM42, featuring Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits an exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range. The KSM42 is the premier choice for capturing sophisticated, powerful and intimate vocal performances.
A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad “sweet spot” and natural off-axis response
- Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1-inch Mylar® diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock® rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile Popper Stopper™ magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
- 1 - A42SM Shurelock Rubber Suspension Shock Mount
- 1 - A42PF Popper Stopper Magnetic Pop-Filter
- 1 - AK42C Zippered Carrying Case
- 1 - A42VB Protective Velveteen Pouch
- 1 - A42OR Spare Set of Rubber Suspension Shock Mount O Rings
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Declarations of Conformity
Cardioid Condenser Microphone (Charcoal or Champagne)
Embossed single-diaphragm, side-address microphone for highly critical studio and live sound productions.
Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
Premium microphone with three polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional).
Offering pristine audio performance, the KSM353/ED features revolutionary Roswellite® ribbon technology that delivers unprecedented durability in a ribbon microphone.
Dual-Voice Ribbon Microphone
Premium bi-directional microphone featuring Roswellite® ribbon technology for world-class audio and performance.
Condenser Vocal Microphone
Premium vocal condenser microphone with switchable cardioid and supercardioid polar patterns.