A Complete Guide On How To Adjust Your Zoom Audio Settings For Stem Ecosystem Rooms
At Stem, we are all about bringing you an exceptional and customizable audio experience in your conference rooms. With Zoom being one of the most popular video conferencing platforms on the planet, we wanted to run you through how to optimize your Zoom meeting audio settings to work with your Stem room. Let’s go over the steps you should take to optimize your settings for both the Zoom desktop client and Zoom Rooms!
Want to know how to enable Zoom original sound? Click here.
1. Let’s get started by launching the Zoom desktop client on either your Mac or PC.
2. After launching the application, select the settings icon in the upper right corner.
3. Then select the “Audio” tab and let’s select our audio devices!
4. If you have multiple Stem devices in a room you will select the Hub in that room for both the speaker and microphone selections from the dropdown menu.
5. If you’re using a single Stem device with built-in speakers (Table or Wall) in a room, you will select that device for both the speaker and microphone selections from the dropdown menu.
Note: If you are using Stem Ceiling with external speakers, you will select Hub both for the speaker and microphone selections from the dropdown menu.
6. Then we’re going to make sure the “Automatically adjust microphone volume” box is unchecked.
7. Now we need to enable the option for the original sound. So, click “Advanced” in the bottom right corner of the screen and check the box to “Show in meeting option to ‘Enable Original Sound’ from microphone”.
Note: If this option is unavailable, contact your IT Admin and provide them with the instructions below to enable original sound permissions Admin Advanced Settings on the web browser.
Enabling Original Sound Permissions in Admin Advanced Settings:
- Log in to the Online Portal as an Administrator (not to be mistaken as the desktop software application)
- Navigate under “Account Management” and go to “Account Settings”
- Scroll down to “In Meeting (Advanced)”
- Select the option labeled “Allow users to select original sound in their client settings”
- This option will now become available when using the Zoom Desktop client application
- If you do not see this option you may need to log out and log back in.
- Now, your users will have the option to enable the original sound!
8. Next, you want to disable the “Suppress Persistent Background Noise” and “Suppress Intermittent Background Noise” settings and set “Echo Cancellation” to auto. Our devices already take care of all of the audio processing so you don’t need any additional processing from Zoom.
9. Lastly, when you start a meeting, select the button to “Turn on Original Sound” in the upper left corner. Doing this will disable Zoom’s processing and allow our devices to handle all of the audio processing.
Note: From this point forward, Zoom will always use the original sound from your selected Stem device.
Once you’ve completed those steps you are all set! If you need any additional assistance you can always get in touch with our customer support team at email@example.com or give us a call at (949) 877- STEM (7836).