Shure Named Sole Elite Winner of ‘Best and Brightest Companies to Work For’ in Chicago Based on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Efforts
NILES, Ill., September 6, 2023 — Shure was one of 14 companies in the Chicago area named as Elite Winners of “Chicago Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” in a recent ceremony.
The companies on this list demonstrate exceptionally innovative human resource practices and set high business standards. Winners are selected based on overall scores.
“These companies have focused on making a meaningful impact in their culture”, said Jennifer Kluge, President and CEO of NABR and the Best & Brightest Program. “Employees are their top priority, which has given these elite thinking companies a competitive advantage.”
Shure was recognized as the only Elite Winner in the category of “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.”
The Company offers various employee resource groups (called VIBEs – Values, Inclusion, Belonging, Equity) that foster togetherness as members and allies for three particular areas -- women everywhere, LGBTQIA+, and cultural and racial equity. Shure’s Diversity & Inclusion Council is led by Chris Schyvinck, who has served as the Company’s President and CEO since 2016.
D&I Council activities have included:
- Celebrating global diversity through monthly awareness celebrations
- Posting D&I content through the Company’s intranet site regularly
- Hosting Associate-led diversity guest speakers and panels
- Highlighting the diverse global workforce through social media channels
- Engaging in diversity-focuses career fairs and community events
- Enhancing additional diversity training for Associates
- Supporting community efforts
“Shure is proud to offer many initiatives that support our global commitment to this,” said Meg Madison, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Shure. “We care about each other and the diverse communities we represent and serve globally. We will continue to expand our Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access efforts that benefit our Associates, customers, and partners.”