Miniature Instrument Microphone
Miniature instrument microphone delivers high gain-before-feedback and rejection of unwanted noise. It features preamplifier circuitry to improve linearity across the full frequency range, and tailored response for natural sound reproduction.
What is the Beta 98H/C best suited to?
It’s a premium instrument microphone with a flexible gooseneck and clip on clamp making it ideal for use with brass, percussion and woodwind instruments, either on stage or in the studio.
What are the charactaristics of the Beta 98H/C?
It has a tailored frequency response of 20Hz – 20KHz and a high maximum sound pressure level of 132dB (SPL). It has cardioid pickup pattern providing high gain before feedback. It includes a 3 m (10ft) high-flex cable which is attached to the preamplifier. The pre-amp requires phantom power and connects to your mixer via an XLR connection.
The microphone is also available with a drum clamp - model Beta 98D/S or with no clamp Beta 98S
- The Beta 98 H/C feature transformerless preamplifier circuitry which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- The Beta 98H/C features a 3 m (10 ft.) high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection)
- Tailored frequency response for open, natural sound reproduction
- Compact, lightweight construction provides a low degree of visibility
- Gooseneck, ratcheting swivel joint and gooseneck angle brace allow for optimum placement and fixed positioning
- 1 - 95A2314 Zippered Carrying Bag
- 1 - RK183WS Windscreen
- 1 - RPM626 In-Line Preamplifier
- 1 - 3 m high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection)
Beta 98H/C Videos
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Find An Answer
Condenser microphone with supercardioid polar pattern, precision-engineered for high-SPL instrument applications.
Snare and tom microphone delivers a tailored frequency response and high gain-before-feedback, and consists of an A98D Drum Mount.
Condenser Instrument Microphone
Cardioid condenser instrument microphone offers a wide frequency response and low self-noise.
Cardioid Instrument Microphone
A versatile, durable, and precise single cardioid polar pattern instrument microphone.
Instrument microphone provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted stage noise due to its cardioid pickup pattern.