Bi-directional ribbon microphone provides premier, symmetrical audio with off-axis rejection. Features increased durability and a dual-sided transformer that minimizes signal loss while stopping RF interference.
What is the KSM353/ED best suited to?
The KSM353 is best suited to intimate vocal applications.
How is the KSM353/ED different to other ribbon microphones?
Ribbon microphones are renowned for being extremely delicate. The KSM353’s high-tensile strength, toughness and shape memory of Roswellite™ ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons for superior resilience at extreme SPLs and allows the microphone to be more durable.
The KSM313/ED and KSM353/NE microphones are both hand assembled in the USA from state-of-the art transducers, transformers and metals
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier, completely symmetrical audio with superior off-axis rejection
- Revolutionary Roswellite™ proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high tensile strength, toughness and shape memory that provides superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom ribbon motor assembly tailors bass response without attenuating the overall output for full low and mid ranges, and superior upper range presence from a rising frequency response
- Double-shielded matched full-sized transformer minimizes signal loss and maximizes output while reducing magnetic and RF interference from 90 degree placement, offset relative to the ribbon
- 146 dB SPL across 30 – 15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast transients in vocals, acoustic instruments and concert halls
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold and aluminum materials, and housed in a pure stainless steel casing
- Spring-loaded suspension shock mount for flexible, fully-isolated stand mounting
- Upright protective wood case included for storage when not in use
- 1 - A300SM ShureLock® Wire Rope Shock Mount
- 1 - AK353C Zippered Carrying Case
- 1 - A300PC Polishing Cloth
- 1 - A353VB Velveteen Pouch
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Dual-Voice Ribbon Microphone
Dual-voice ribbon microphone features resilience at extreme SPLs and increased durability, and consists of a swivel mount, and protective case.
Large Dual-Diaphragm Microphone
Dual-diaphragm cardioid microphone delivers exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range.
Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
Multi-pattern condenser microphone offers great recording flexibility due to its compatibility with multiple polar pattern condensers.
Cardioid Condenser Microphone (Charcoal or Champagne)
Cardioid condenser microphone delivers a smooth, neutral sound reproduction with full character and consists of a microphone, a padded, zippered carrying bag, and a swivel mount.