SCM810 Eight Channel Automatic Mixer
8-channel automatic mixer improves audio quality in any application in which multiple microphones are required. Features include fast microphone selection, adjustable EQ, adjustable low-frequency roll off, and peak-responding output limiter.
- Increases the clarity and intelligibility of speech
- Dramatically reduces feedback, reverberation, and comb filtering
- Automates several rigorous operator functions
- Minimizes set up time - plug and play
- Frees up channels on the mixing console
The SCM810 can be used as a turnkey mixing solution in a variety of speech applications:
- Fixed Audio Installations - houses of worship, schools, conference facilities, legislature, hotels
- Portable Applications - rentals, A/V carts, portable audio racks
- Interfaces with Crestron control systems
Automatic mixing is a tremendous problem-solving tool allowing sound system installers to eliminate common problems such as insufficient gain before feedback and muddy speech quality. Shure is the industry leader in automatic mixing with our unique IntelliMix technology. IntelliMix automatically gates microphones on and off to optimize sound quality in conference facilities, houses of worship, governmental institutions, schools, etc.
Any low-impedance dynamic or condenser microphone (including wireless) can be used with the SCM810. Multiple SCM810 mixers can be linked to other SCM810 mixers, as well as to Shure Models SCM410, and SCM800.
Each input channel has a two-band equalizer and three logic terminals. The equalizer reduces unwanted low-frequency audio pickup and makes different microphone types-lavaliers, boundary and handheld sound similar. The logic terminals can be used to control external devices. Each mixer is supplied with a power cord, rack-mounting hardware, and a link cable.
The operating concept behind the SCM810 Automatic Mixer is Shure's patented* IntelliMix circuitry. Intellimix delivers seamless automatic mixing by combining three separate functions:
- Noise Adaptive Threshold: Distinguishes between constant background noise (such as air conditioning) and changing sound (such as speech) for each input channel. It continuously adjusts the activation threshold so that only speech levels louder than the background noise activate a channel.
- MaxBus: Controls the number of channels that may be activated for a single sound source. One talker activates only one channel, even if multiple microphones “hear” that talker.
- Last Mic Lock-On: Keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated. Without Last Mic Lock-On, a long pause in conversation would cause all microphones to turn off, which would sound as if the audio signal had been lost. Last Mic Lock-On ensures that background ambience is always present.
- Fast, noise-free microphone selection, which automatically adjusts to changes in background noise
- Automatic gain adjustment as additional microphones are activated-NOMA (Number of Open Microphones Attenuated)
- Last Mic Lock-On circuit maintains ambient sound
- Adjustable low-frequency roll off and high-frequency shelving for each channel
- Channel activation and clipping indicators
- Active balanced microphone-level XLR inputs and an active balanced Mic/Line level XLR output
- Aux-level input with manual level control
- Front-panel headphones output with level control
- Peak-responding output limiter with selectable tresholds and LED indicator
- Linking capability for up to 400 microphones
- 1 - Block Connectors
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
SCM410 Four Channel Automatic Mixer
Four-channel automatic mixer dramatically improves audio quality in any application in which multiple microphones are required.
SCM800 Eight Channel Microphone Mixer
8-channel microphone mixer offers compatibility with any low-impedance, balanced microphone, including wireless microphone systems.