LensHopper™ Camera-Mount Condenser Microphone
LensHopper™ camera-mount condenser microphone allows you to capture detailed audio with ease when video recording with a DSLR camera. It includes a windscreen, a 3-position audio gain switch, switchable low-cut filter, and Rycote Lyre shock mounting.
Where can the VP83 be used?
The VP83 allows you to easily capture detailed, high definition audio when video recording with a DSLR camera. It can also be used with portable audio recorders. The integrated coiled 3.5 mm cable connects directly to the recording device’s audio input.
What sound characteristics does it add to video recordings?
The VP83 achieves natural audio reproduction with its wide frequency range, high sensitivity, low self noise, and full low end response. Its shotgun format enables it to provide a supercardioid / lobar polar pattern. This is the most tightly directional pickup pattern possible, and it effectively blocks out background noise. A three position audio gain switch (-10 dB, 0 dB, +20 dB) lets you compensate for the loudness of different sources.
How does the VP83 handle varied and challenging acoustic environments?
You never know what you’ll face when recording outside of the studio, so the VP83 is designed to be resilient to the common challenges of on location filming:
- A switchable low cut filter reduces pickup of distracting low frequency background noise
- An integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system, developed exclusively for the VP83, provides superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise
- The supplied foam windscreen protects against wind noise when shooting outdoors without impacting sound quality
- The Rycote Windjammer® synthetic fur windscreen can be used with the VP83
- Superior RF immunity protects against unwanted audio artefacts from nearby cellular and RF devices
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern
- Natural audio reproduction with wide frequency range, high sensitivity, very low self noise, and full low end response
- Three position audio gain switch (-10 dB, 0 dB, +20 dB)
- Switchable low cut filter to reduce pickup of low frequency background noise
- Integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting system to provide isolation from vibration and mechanical noise
- Foam windscreen protects against wind noise when shooting outdoors without impacting sound quality, and compatible with Rycote Windjammer synthetic fur windscreen for particularly windy environments
- Superior RF immunity protects against unwanted audio artefacts from cellular and RF devices
- Ultra lightweight, yet durable, all metal construction designed to legendary Shure quality standards
- Up to 130 hours of battery life from 1 AA alkaline battery
- Standard size shoe mount with 6.35 mm threaded base for on camera use, or easy mounting on a stand
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
LensHopper™ Camera-Mount Condenser Microphone with Integrated Flash Recording
LensHopper™ camera-mount condenser microphone with integrated flash allows you to capture detailed, high-definition audio for DSLR recordings.
iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone
Digital Stereo condenser microphone replaces field recorders with the ability to record audio on the go directly onto an iOS device.
MV88+ Video Kit
Premium digital stereo condenser microphone for mobile high-fidelity video and audio recording. For astonishing audio, anywhere.
Short shotgun microphone for semi-professional applications
Short shotgun microphone offers a compact and lightweight recording option for near-field sound sources.
Premium Modular Shotgun Microphone
Premium modular shotgun microphone offers superior preamplifier design with RF immunity for pick-up of audience response, talk shows, and concerts.