Cardioid vocal microphone offers an extended high frequency response and rugged construction to withstand the rigors of touring. Features include a built-in 3-point shock mount to minimize handling noise and a 2-stage pop filter to reduce wind noise.
What is the SM86 best suited to?
The SM86 is ideal for a lead vocal artist. It is most suited for performances on stage but is equally at home for use in the studio.
What are the characteristics of the SM86?
The SM86 has a condenser microphone for studio quality sound and a cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise, making it ideal if working with stage monitors and in-ear monitors. It has an extended high frequency response of 15Hz – 18kHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 124dB. The built-in three point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath “pop” noise.
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal in-ear monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- 1 - A25D Break Resistant Microphone Clip
- 1 - 26A13 Microphone Bag
- 1 - 31A1856 5/8" to 3/8" Thread Adapter
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Find An Answer
Vocal microphone provides warm, accurate sound due to its supercardioid polar pattern.
Vocal microphone delivers a smooth, tailored response for a warm, natural sound.
Condenser Vocal Microphone
Cardioid condenser vocal microphone offers a dual diaphragm and switchable polar patterns to deliver precise vocal reproduction for live performance.