Large Dual-Diaphragm Microphone
Dual-diaphragm cardioid microphone delivers exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range. It features a natural off-axis response, a dual-diaphragm with a gold Mylar diaphragm, 3-stage grille, and internal shock mount.
Why are there no switchable settings (pad, low-cut filter) on the KSM42?
The design intent of the KSM42 was to craft a large-diaphragm side-address microphone for the primary application of human voice in controlled environments. Much forethought went into crafting the dual-diaphragm capsule to guarantee superior proximity control and a generous and broad “sweet spot”, with extremely consistent sound quality below 1000Hz. With a max SPL of 139 dB and a gradual low-end frequency roll-off built in, pad and filter settings become redundant.
What is Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology?
Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology consists of highly sophisticated, extremely transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented seamless audio, maximizing audio quality for premium microphone performance.
Suspenstion Shock Mound with magnetic Pop Filter
The KSM42 ships with an open cage ShureLock® rubber suspension shock mount and a low-profile Popper Stopper™ magnetic pop filter. This allows to setup the microphone and shock mount always with the same distance.
The KSM42 features a dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1-inch Mylar® diaphragm, premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad “sweet spot” and natural off-axis response
- Prethos™Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1-inch Mylar® diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock® rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile Popper Stopper™ magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel to protect the cartridge grille from accidental drops or misuse
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
- 1 - A42SM Shurelock Rubber Suspension Shock Mount
- 1 - A42PF Popper Stopper Magnetic Pop-Filter
- 1 - AK42C Zippered Carrying Case
- 1 - A42VB Protective Velveteen Pouch
- 1 - A42OR Spare Set of Rubber Suspension Shock Mount O Rings
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
Cardioid Condenser Microphone (Charcoal or Champagne)
Cardioid condenser microphone delivers a smooth, neutral sound reproduction with full character and consists of a microphone, a padded, zippered carrying bag, and a swivel mount.
Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
Multi-pattern condenser microphone offers great recording flexibility due to its compatibility with multiple polar pattern condensers.
Bi-directional ribbon microphone provides premier, symmetrical audio with off-axis rejection and consists of a suspension shock mount and a case.
Dual-Voice Ribbon Microphone
Dual-voice ribbon microphone features resilience at extreme SPLs and increased durability, and consists of a swivel mount, and protective case.
Condenser Vocal Microphone
Cardioid condenser vocal microphone offers a dual diaphragm and switchable polar patterns to deliver precise vocal reproduction for live performance.