Introducing Stem Update 2.5
We are excited to announce that on September 28th Shure will release a new firmware update, version 2.5 for the Stem Ecosystem. The ecosystem is comprised of six hardware components that can be paired with the robust Stem Ecosystem platform software to provide anyone with an audio solution that can be customized and installed by in-house IT teams with ease. With the addition of this new and improved audio update, Stem is taking the meeting experience up a notch (or 2.5 😉) by giving IT managers everywhere an effortless option for outstanding conference room audio.
“In recent firmware updates, we improved the installation and setup experience of Stem solutions and the reliability of products already in the field. This new update provides substantial improvements in acoustical performance and audio quality,” says Luis Guerra Associate Director, of Global Product Management for the Stem Ecosystem at Shure.
Drawing on nearly a century of best-in-class audio equipment engineering, Shure has extensively tuned and refined Stem audio components in certified acoustic labs at Shure headquarters, yielding significant improvements in clarity, more consistent speech levels, and enhanced intelligibility for a more natural and transparent communication experience.
“We care about enabling our customers to create meeting spaces where they don’t even have to think about the audio because it just works, regardless of the environment,” explains Guerra. “We are confident that the enhanced audio performance featured in this update will have an encouraging and positive impact on our customer’s experiences in their meeting spaces.”
Device Specific updates
- Improved array performance, sensitivity, and sound quality to yield better pickup of voices and better rejection of room noise and reverberation. The result is clear voice reproduction for all participants within the coverage area.
- Readjusted pickup pattern to better match customer selection for Narrow, Medium, and Wide beams.
- Adjusted the device’s playback speaker levels and tone for high-quality reproduction of both speech and other program material resulting in increased intelligibility during calls and more pleasant use of the system.
- Tuned the microphone array for better tonality and voice pickup resulting in better site interaction during meetings.
- Calibrated woofer and tweeter levels as well as crossover frequency resulting in great improvement on playback sound quality.
- Balanced device output level with the rest of the ecosystem for even coverage in rooms with multiple Stem audio components
- Fine-tuned playback and microphone pickup resulting in improved double-talk performance and a better experience for meeting participants.
- Improvements on echo canceller, providing enhanced double-talk performance, for better interaction between conference sites.
- System sounds, such as push-button chime level, were reduced for a more pleasant experience.
Want to check if your devices need an update?
Stem devices have auto-updates enabled by default. All devices on a network with internet access and left on the default setting will update automatically around midnight local time when updates become available. You can easily check the current firmware version of the Stem devices on our Control touch panel, via iOS and Android Apps, or on your web browser, by typing the IP address of any device to access the ecosystem via HTML.
Once on the Stem Ecosystem platform, select Devices to see all your devices and their firmware version. You can update your firmware by going to SETTINGS > FIRMWARE UPDATES > CHECK FOR UPDATES.
If you need any additional assistance you can contact our Customer Happiness team at (949)877-STEM (7836) or at email@example.com.