Choosing an AV Conferencing System is Easier Than Ever
For businesses, educational institutions, and government organizations, AV conferencing has become a vital productivity tool. The Shure audio ecosystem offers a variety of solutions that deliver superior audio and are quick and easy to deploy and manage.
To make system selection easier, Shure has created bundles of our most popular microphones, DSP, and loudspeaker, paired with a state-of-the-art camera. These bundles make it simple to match premium conferencing audio and video to different room sizes and microphone placement needs.
While there might seem to be many choices at first glance, choosing the right audio components really involves answering just a few questions. Finding the right bundle takes only seconds using the Ecosystem Bundle Selection Wizard.
How to Use the Ecosystem Bundle Selection Wizard
The Ecosystem Bundle Selection Wizard is an online tool that helps you to quickly find the right product bundle for your meeting room needs in five easy steps:
- Choose a room size
- Choose a microphone location
- Choose a microphone color
- Choose a hardware or software DSP
- Add a camera
The wizard will figure out how many microphones and loudspeakers you need to cover the room. It will give you a reference model number for the bundle that you can use to obtain a price quote from your Shure dealer. (Installation and configuration is not included.)
Here’s an example. Let’s say we have a meeting room with 7 to 12 seats. We’d prefer table microphones since participants will always be seated. We choose the white color to complement the room furnishings. The room will be outfitted with Zoom Rooms and we’d prefer a Zoom-certified solution, so we choose the IntelliMix P300 audio DSP. Since the number of people at the table will vary, we want a smart camera that will automatically adjust its field of view appropriately.
After we input our selections, the wizard tells us that the Room Bundle 310X W-V+HCAM-V has the components that we need:
2 Microflex® Advance™ MXA310 Table Array Microphones (in white)
1 Huddly IQ AI-powered conference camera
With that information in hand, we can contact our favorite Shure supplier to verify pricing and availability.
Choosing a Shure Bundle Saves Time
Let’s not forget what we didn’t do:
- We didn’t spend time making room measurements because in most small-to-medium-size rooms, it’s the number of seats that matters.
- We didn’t dive deep into audio DSP theory, because the IntelliMix P300 DSP will recognize the MXA310 microphones and MXN5W-C loudspeakers and automatically configure the right DSP settings and signal routing.
- We didn’t plan to run microphone cables to the table or speaker cables to the ceiling, because all of the audio components use common CAT5e network cable which we already have. All we need is a small network switch with PoE+ to power the microphones, DSP, and loudspeakers and connect all of the components together.
- We didn’t need to calculate the camera distance and viewing angle, because the Huddly IQ camera is smart enough to adjust itself to the number of people at the table.
Think about it: in the time it took to read this article, you could have planned AV conferencing solutions for several meeting rooms at your facility. Try the Shure Ecosystem Bundle Selection Wizard now to find out how close you are to a more productive AV conferencing experience.