System Configuration Software
Make conferencing workflow effortless. Bring your users together across a campus or an entire business. Designer System Configuration Software makes audio implementation faster, simpler and more intuitive. With the details managed, it becomes a seamless experience.
This free software lets you design remotely and collaborate effectively. If the AV professional is working offsite, Designer gives them the flexibility to preset room audio coverage layouts from anywhere in the world. Templates can be deployed and adjusted on the fly, making onsite installation and project management simple.
Step and repeat
Create templates based on common floor plans that can be reused throughout your campus.
Pass it on
Room configurations can be saved and shared with colleagues for smarter collaboration.
Designer provides a single hub for Dante™ routing. So you can change settings and route audio for multiple Shure networked devices without switching between apps.
Designer System Configuration Software enables integrators and system planners to design and implement accurate audio coverage for installations using a variety of select Shure microphones. Designer allows online and offline design, routing, configuration, and push to live devices, all in one tool. You can accurately model meeting and presentation spaces by importing a floor plan, scaling your room, positioning devices around participant areas and arranging the pick-up lobes over the room diagram for precise coverage.
Designer allows you to create and edit coverage parameters before your devices are installed:
- Identify the microphone positioning, room size and ceiling height
- Add channels
- Create accurate coverage areas
- Adjust equaliser settings
- Manage signal routing
- Single hub for Dante™ routing
After completing your design work offline, you can push the settings to the live devices and fine-tune on site, all from within Designer. If you prefer, you can always export the device presets to upload and use each device’s web user interface.
The Microflex® Advance™ MXA910 Ceiling Array Microphone
The new MXA910 with IntelliMix® represents the next evolution in the Microflex® Advance™ Ceiling Array Microphone platform.
ANIUSB-MATRIX USB Audio Network Interface with Matrix Mixing
Audio network interface connects up to 4 Dante channels and 1 analog output to a room's audio and video conferencing system via USB connection.
IntelliMix® P300 Audio Conferencing Processor
Audio conferencing processor offers IntelliMix DSP algorithms optimized for audio/video conferencing applications.
The Microflex® Advance™ MXA310 Table Array Microphone
Table array microphone utilizes Steerable Coverage technology to capture pristine audio around conferencing tables of various sizes and shapes.
Microflex™ MXN5W-C Networked Loudspeaker
Linear Array Microphone
The linear form factor of the MXA710 with IntelliMix® allows for placement virtually anywhere in a meeting space, including on a wall, around a display, ceiling, or into a conference room table.
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
- Before upgrading Designer versions, it’s recommended to export project files to back them up.
- If you encounter an installer failure during upgrade, allow the uninstaller to finish, then restart installation
- When upgrading Designer versions, the installer may prompt that the destination folder is not empty; please change the folder name or delete the existing folder and it will automatically be re-created during the upgrade.
- If opening Designer in the first few minutes after starting the system or plugging into a new network, devices may not be discovered; close Designer, and open it when the NIC has finished identifying.
- In order to push from virtual devices to online devices, or vice versa, the virtual device and online version must be on the same version. For example, all new virtual devices created in Designer 4.2 are on version 4.2.X; those virtual devices can only be associated with online devices that are also on version 4.2.X.
- Designer 4.2 is not backwards compatible with earlier versions of Designer. The database will not be maintained upon downgrading, and Designer 4.2 files cannot be imported into earlier versions of Designer.
- Support for new products:
- MXA710 Linear Array Microphone
- MXN5-C Networked Loudspeaker
- MXA Network Mute Button
- Support for new firmware versions
- Optimize feature for routing, optimal audio settings, and mute synchronization in one button
- Firmware updating for all supported devices, excluding IMX-Room, on the same subnet and cross-subnet
- Overlay device windows with option to undock to new windows
- Coverage map layers and channel selector
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
- With more than 20 devices in location or 60 on the network, some actions will take longer due to increased network traffic.
- When using IntelliMix Room, Designer may show a red dot and invalid software version for that device after installation. Close and re-open Designer or reboot the machine running IntelliMix Room to fix the issue.
- When importing a Designer preset file into the MXA910 web application, attempts to immediately export that file out of the web application will fail if it is not first loaded and saved to the MXA910.
- When typing in certain fields, the value may be overwritten if not entered quickly
- When soloing a channel on an MXA310, all channels will show as gated on
- When configuring a single MXA910, rotation of the device will only appear in Location > Coverage Map; go to the location to view the rotated device
- When one or more devices in a location are locked by Dante Domain Manager or Dante Device Lock, operations that affect Dante settings may be unreliable, such as audio routing, pushing virtual to online devices, or enabling audio encryption
- Changing EQ Contour on the MXA710 does not affect active preset indication
- Changing channel count of virtual IMX-Room device does not reset audio settings
- When disassociating online devices from virtual devices multiple times, Optimize may not create expected routes; add new virtual devices and Optimize
- Indications that show on the bottom of the Coverage map page may persist longer than expected
- Forgetting a cross-subnet MXA910 on firmware version 4.1.41 may result in the device being rediscovered; close and re-open Designer or reboot device to see it as forgotten
- When factory resetting a device from Online Devices > Device window, then attempting to add that device to a Location that’s already open and initializing it, the Location and Device window will close; reopen to continue working
- The uninstaller for Designer is not signed
- Users with Astrill VPN installed will not be able to launch the app successfully; contact Shure support for help
- Internet access is required during the installation process
- Designer User Guide
- Designer 4.2 is compatible with the following software and firmware versions:
- MXA910 4.2.18X
- MXA710 1.0.5
- MXA310 4.2.18
- IntelliMix® Room 2.0
- P300 4.2.4
- ANIUSB-MATRIX 4.2.19
- MXN5-C 1.0.6
- MXA-MUTE 1.0.8
- Requires 64-bit Windows 7 or 10
- Minimum system requirements have been updated; please see the Designer User Guide
Audio Processing Software
IntelliMix® Room is digital signal processing (DSP) software designed to optimize the performance of Shure networked microphones with videoconferencing software.