Digital IntelliMix Automatic Mixer
Includes Dante networked audio, maximum 96 channels, compatibility AMX and Crestron, dual mixer, control software to allow configuration of all signals and settings and adds 8-band EQ with high- and low-shelf EQ, and Digital Feedback Reduction.
NOTE: The SCM820 utilizes Flash Player for software control functionality, which will no longer be supported after December 2020. Shure is working on a solution to retain the user interface for the SCM820 beyond December 2020. To be notified of this solution when it is available, please click here to submit your information.
Designed for use in speech applications including sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and recording, the SCM820 uses IntelliMix® technology to dramatically improve audio quality when many channels of microphones need to operate simultaneously.
Multiple I/O configurations and networking options ensure analog and digital connectivity between devices.
- Delivers seamless automatic mixing and reduced background noise through dynamic channel gating and attenuation
- NAT (Noise Adaptive Threshold) continuously adjusts the activation threshold for opening a channel
- Number of Open Microphones Attenuation (NOMA) determines the amount of gain attenuation for a mix output when the number of active microphones changes
- Last Mic Lock-On (LMLO) keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated
- MaxBus ensures that only one channel is opened per sound source, reducing comb filtering for clear and intelligible speech
- IntelliMix Modes offer five different mixer mode presets of reliable automixing styles (Classic, Smooth, Extreme, Custom, or Manual) to quickly tailor the mix for a particular application
Enhanced I/O support for greater application flexibility and digital connectivity
- DB25 or logic-enabled block connector models available, each with 8 inputs
- Per-channel direct outputs allow the SCM820 to be used as an insert processor
- Mix A and B outputs with selectable mic or line level connect to a sound reinforcement system, mixing console, or recording device
- Dual mixer operation enables routing of independent automixes to the mix A and B outputs, allowing two entirely different mixes to result from the same set of inputs
- Aux inputs on both the front and back panel easily connect to media players
- ¼" (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output for channel solo and mix monitoring
- Channel control knobs allow quick adjustment of gain, limiter, and EQ settings, and solo/mute functions on input channels
- Output mix controls and meters enable front-panel master gain and limiter control as well as signal monitoring
- LED meter rings display input audio or IntelliMix gain levels for each channel
- Browser-based control software delivers comprehensive software control, monitoring, routing, and configuration of all signals and settings and adds a parametric 8-band EQ
- Works with SystemOn Audio Asset Management Software
- Standard Ethernet or Dante™ digital networked audio configurations available
- Dante-equipped models enable multi-channel audio networking over Ethernet
- Dante upgrade card available for standard Ethernet models
- Link Dante-equipped SCM820 mixers to form large automixes of up to 12 units (96 channels of audio)
- Control system compatible (AMX, Crestron)
- Two channels of patented Shure DFR (Digital Feedback Reduction)
- Assignable to input channels and mix outputs
- Automatic feedback detection and filter deployment
- Up to 16 filters per channel
- 25 Hz to 20 KHz bandwidth
- Up to 18 dB gain reduction per filter
- Selectable low / high Q filter width (1/40th or 1/70th octave)
- “Freeze” feature that locks depth and frequency of existing filters to avoid unwanted automatic changes
- Auto-clear on power cycle or timeout that returns filter settings to a pre-defined state for the next event
Ability to save current settings to use later or load preexisting setups
Watch a video demonstration: How To Set Up Digital Feedback Reduction for SCM820
SHONAN FUJISAWA CAMPUS (SFC) ADOPTS THE MXA910 CEILING ARRAY MICROPHONE IN SMART INTERACTIVE CLASSROOM
University of Florida Upgrades its Digital Worlds Institute with Shure’s Microflex® Advance™ Ceiling Array Microphones
The Digital Worlds Institute within the University of Florida’s College of the Arts is on thecutting edge of digital arts and sciences education. Established in the early 2000s, the Institute offers degree programs related to game development, audio, video, digital arts production and more. Unique to this program, all of the Institute’s undergraduate classes utilize bi-directional live video for remote students to view and listen to lectures in real- time.
Shure Tech Portal
Complete product documentation, technical support materials, software and firmware, and other tools and resources for all Shure products, in one place.Sign In
User Guide & Specs
Software & Firmware
A modern audio network can’t do its job with outdated software (and the time you spend searching for each latest version is time lost). Easy-to-use and free-to-download, the Shure Update Utility helps you update compatible Shure products while managing all of your device firmware. Giving you one less thing to worry about.
Conquer complexity and scale. Developed to make managing large-scale Shure audio hardware deployments easier for you.
Shure Web Device Discovery displays all Shure devices featuring embedded web servers on the same network as the computer. Features include Windows and Apple operating system support and compatibility with various Shure systems.
ANI22 Audio Network Interface
Audio network interface converts up to 2 line or mic signals from a Dante network for easy audio routing and convenient browser-based remote control.
Audio Network Interface
Converts up to four line / mic analog signals onto a Dante network for easy audio routing and browser-based control.
Audio Network Interface
Converts Dante™ digital audio signal to four discrete line / mic analog signals.
ANIUSB-MATRIX USB Audio Network Interface with Matrix Mixing
The ANIUSB-MATRIX with Matrix Mixing connects up to 4 Dante channels and one analog output to a room audio / video conferencing system or a PC-based A / V conferencing application via USB connection.
Four Channel Automatic Mixer
A problem solver that increases speech clarity, reduces the risk of feedback and minimizes setup time.
Eight Channel Automatic Mixer
The recognized standard in automatic mixing. A great solution for recording meetings.
Audio Conferencing Processor
Don’t let echo, noise, or distortion take over the meeting. The IntelliMix® P300 digital signal processor enhances every aspect of conference audio.