The Shure Update Utility is a stand-alone application that streamlines the process of updating the firmware and software of compatible Shure products. The application offers a simplified interface to download the latest updates from Shure and configure Shure hardware to receive those updates. Updates are deployed to supported devices over an Ethernet network.
The Shure Update Utility can update the following Shure hardware:
- Audio Network Interfaces
- Axient® Digital Wireless System
- Axient® Wireless Management Network
- GLX-D® Digital Wireless System
- GLX-D® Advanced Wireless System
- IntelliMix® P300 Audio Conferencing Processor
- KSE1500 Electrostatic Earphone System
- Microflex® Advance™
- Microflex® Wireless
- PSM®1000 Personal Monitor System
- SBC250/450/850 Networked Charging Station
- SBRC Shure Battery Rack Charger
- SCM820 Digital IntelliMix® Automatic Mixer
- SHA900 Portable Listening Amplifier
- QLX-D® Digital Wireless Systems
- UHF-R® Wireless Systems
- ULX-D® Digital Wireless Systems
- PSM® 1000 Personal Monitor System
- SBC220/240/250/450/850 and MXCWNCS Networked Charging Station
The software is supported on the following operating systems:
Windows 7, 8, and 10
Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), macOS Sierra (10.12), macOS High Sierra (10.13)
Release Date: 9/24/2018
To update Shure Update Utility version 2.4 or earlier to version 2.4.3, download and re-install from www.shure.com/SUU or through Help > Check for Shure Update Utility updates.
- Support for the following products
- Bug fixes
- PSM1000 devices with firmware version 1.1.0 or earlier must use Shure Update Utility version 2.4.1 or older.
- Selecting "Help" > "Check for Shure Update Utility updates" will open Shure.com, which offers the latest version of Shure Update Utility to download. Shure Update Utility version 2.4.2 or greater will not automatically detect new versions.
- 32-bit Windows:
- To update Shure Update Utility version 2.2.2 or earlier on a 32-bit Windows system, download version 2.4.2 or greater for 32-bit systems to re-install the software. Older versions of Shure Update Utility will not detect new updates of Shure Update Utility that support 32-bit systems.
- Shure Update Utility version 2.4.3 for 32-bit systems is compatible with Wireless Workbench 6 version 6.12.1 and earlier.
Attempts to download ULXD6/8 transmitter firmware to a ULX-D or QLX-D receiver that is not at the minimum firmware version, shown below, will fail. To update firmware for ULXD6/8 transmitters with ULX-D or QLX-D receivers:
Update receivers to the following minimum versions:
- ULXD4, ULXD4D, ULXD4Q Receivers 2.1.16
- QLXD4 Receivers 2.1.5
- Using Shure Update Utility, download ULXD6/8 transmitter firmware to the receivers.
- Using the FW Update menu on a receiver, update transmitters
- Update receivers to the following minimum versions:
- Microflex Wireless devices running version 1.X firmware must first be updated to version 2.0.5 before being updated to version 3.X or later.
- USB-C MacBook Pro laptops with the Touch Bar running macOS High Sierra will fail to discover GLX-D devices. We are currently investigating this issue.
Shure Update Utility is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12), and High Sierra (10.13)
- Installing Shure Update Utility on Windows will also prompt the installation of a USB driver, which must be installed to support updating USB devices, such as GLX-D.
USB 2.0 Devices
- KSE1500, SHA900, and GLX-D must be updated one-at-a-time.
- USB hubs are not recommended when updating USB 2.0 connected devices. Always connect these devices directly to a USB on the computer running Shure Update Utility.
- Shure Update Utility 2.4.2 or greater for 64-bit systems is compatible with Wireless Workbench 6.12.2 or later.
- Shure Update Utility 2.4.2 or greater for 32-bit systems is compatible with Wireless Workbench 6.12. or earlier.
32- and 64-bit
Windows 7, 8 or 10
macOS 10.11 – 10.13
Intel® Core™ i3, i5, or i7 equivalent running at 2 GHz or more
5 GB or more available (install size is 400 MB)
1280 x 768 minimum
|SUU QuickStart Guide||English|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.3 (64-bit macOS 10.11 - 10.13)||ZIP||19.5 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.3 (64-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||21.9 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.3 (32-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||20.7 mb|
GLX-D firmware update
If the blue rf light is blinking and there is no audio you will need to update your components...
UHF-R Firmware Update
Firmware for UR1 or UR2: The firmware in a UR transmitter cannot be updated in the field. Tran...
GLXD Firmware update failed
It is possible that the firmware update for a GLXD transmitter or receiver can fail due to a "...
Update Utility Stuck in "Discovering" or device not showing up
This symptom can be caused by a couple different things. Restrictive firewall settings. ...
WWB6 Unable to Recognize ULX-D receiver
After checking that the network configuration is correct, it is possible that a mismatch in th...
ULX-D transmitter FPGA error
If the unit is in the G50, H50, J50 or L50 band, there should be a way of reviving this unit. In...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.