Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
Multi-pattern condenser offers great recording flexibility due to its compatibility with multiple polar pattern condensers. It features dual gold Mylar diaphragms for superior transient response, a subsonic filter, and preamplifier for transparency.
What is the KSM44A best suited to?
As a multiple pattern (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional) condenser microphone the KSM44A offers great flexibility in a variety of recording applications. It is designed as a premium vocal microphone for studio recording but additional recommended applications include:
- Acoustic and wind instruments,
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles - choral or orchestral
What is Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology?
Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology consists of highly sophisticated, extremely transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented seamless audio, maximizing audio quality for premium microphone performance. With Prethos the KSM44A achieves groundbreaking specifications: 4 dB of self-noise with the cardioid pickup pattern.
Not only for the studio
The KSM44A comes with all features that a premium and flexible studio mic needs: dual large diaphragms with switchable polar patterns for a nuanced, clear and full sound, extremely low self noise, high sensitivity, minimized proximity effect, 3-position low frequency filter. A spider shock mount and an aluminum carrying case come with KSM44A. With the rugged design and the 15 dB pad the microphone is also used on stage.
The KSM44A is built with premium components such as the dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms. Internal and external connectors are gold plated.
- Dual 1-inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24-karat gold-layered, low mass, Mylar® diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Multiple polar patterns: cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional–for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of applications
- Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifer Technology: provides transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion, minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions
- Groundbreaking self-noise specifications: 4 dB (cardioid), 6 dB (omnidirectional), 7.5 dB (bidirectional)
- Full-range frequency response (20 Hz - 20 KHz) for an extremely accurate reproduction of voice and instruments
- Highly consistent polar patterns
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling high input SPL sound sources
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter virtually eliminates unwanted background noise and controls proximity effect
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille to protect the cartridge from accidental drops or misuse
- An integrated three-stage pop protection grille to guard against wind and breath noise
- An internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
- 1 - A44AM ShureLock® Stand Mount
- 1 - AK44C Zippered Carrying Case
- 1 - A44ASM ShureLock® Elastic Shock Mount
- 1 - RK383 Suspension Shock Mount Elastic Cord, Cristal (contains two)
- 1 - A44AVB Protective Velveteen Pouch
Large Dual-Diaphragm Microphone
Dual-diaphragm cardioid microphone delivers exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range.
Dual-Voice Ribbon Microphone
Dual-voice ribbon microphone features resilience at extreme SPLs and increased durability, and consists of a swivel mount, and protective case.
Bi-directional ribbon microphone provides premier, symmetrical audio with off-axis rejection and consists of a suspension shock mount and a case.
Cardioid Condenser Microphone (Charcoal or Champagne)
Cardioid condenser microphone delivers a smooth, neutral sound reproduction with full character and consists of a microphone, a padded, zippered carrying bag, and a swivel mount.