Model CX70 Rex InfoFAQ #5908
Question:Please provide information about the Model CX70.
This microphone was an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) model, i.e., Shure made the microphone for another equipment manufacturer. The CX70 was the equivalent of the Model 710A.
An Model CX70 found in The Netherlands (October 2019) had these characteristics:
- The mic was manufactured in Evanston, Illinois, USA.
- The mic body was painted red.
- The internal mic element had a part number of 99A129 CA.
- The supplied data sheet was for the models 710A/710G/710GS/710S Rex.
- The outer box was printed with "For use in original equipment only, not to be sold separately."
- The price sticker read F 43,50. F = Francs.