I have never installed SW6000. What do I need to know before proceeding?FAQ #5874
I have never installed SW6000 before. What do I need to know before proceeding?
IMPORTANT: IF THIS ORDER IS FOR AN UPGRADE TO AN EXISTING SYSTEM, PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SW6000 DATABASE OR CONTACT SHURE SUPPORT TO ASSIST BEFORE PROCEEDING OR YOUR MEETING AND VOTING RECORDS COULD BE LOST.
- Minimum PC Requirements for SW6000:
- Min. CPU @ 2GHz with Min. 2GB RAM
- USB port and TCP/IP network connection (no dongles for Ethernet)
- Min. screen resolution of 1280x768 (1920x1080 capable preferred)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit); Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 R2; Windows 8.1 x86 or x64 (Ent, Pro, Std); Windows 10
- NOTE: Please note that cloned operating systems are not considered a standard installation. Clones may cause problems with duplicate SIDs which can cause issues with connectivity of the Apps to the database. Clones are therefore not recommended or to be used with caution and ONLY by experienced IT associates with experience in how to avoid these issues
- IMPORTANT: Both the user who installs the software and the user(s) who will run the software MUST be granted admin rights and the ability to run the SW6000 applications as administrator. Failing to do so will likely lead to the apps not starting or running properly.
- Keep the SW6000 License zip folder in a secure place until the scheduled installation appointment.
- REMINDER: If this is an upgrade of an existing system, backup your SW6000 database or contact Shure support if you need guidance with that process.