Shure Signal Path Podcast: The Stories Behind the Music
Hear the stories behind the music with the new podcast Signal Path.
Tapping a global network of musicians, producers, engineers and other sonic innovators, Shure brings you exclusive interviews with the people shaping the world of audio.
Did Prince once nearly ruin his legendary live show? How do you convert a VW bus into a mobile recording studio for buskers? And what's it like working with creative powerhouse Björk?
Take a look behind the scenes of live music production. Discover what's involved in scoring for film and TV. Learn how artists and producers hone a signature tone. Or simply enjoy a good yarn about how analog tape can change somebody's life.
Here are just a few of the interviews we have lined up:
- Sit down with London-based singer and multi-instrumentalist Lianne La Havas to find out how she blends her many musical influences into her own unique sound.
- Step inside Marten Berger's mobile recording studio – a converted ice cream truck – that he's driving around Europe to discover the Continent's best buskers.
- Discover the difference between working with George Michael and Aphex Twin from award-winning engineer Matt Colton.
- Gain a peek into the world of video game audio with sound designer Chris Jojo.
- Find out why Prince would "reserve" live engineer Roger Lindsay for weeks at a time and how the Purple One preferred his mix.
- Deconstruct Björk's creative process with mastering maestro Mandy Parnell.
- Learn about scoring for TV and film from the Irish composer Brian Crosby, who also used to be a member of the successful indie band Bell X1.
- Explore Johann Scheerer's unparalleled collection of vintage recording gear inside his Clouds Hill Studio in Hamburg.
And that's just for starters! We've got lots more stories on the way. Click here to subscribe to Shure Signal Path and listen to the first podcast today.
All episodes of the podcast are recorded with Shure MOTIV mics and the Shure iOS MOTIV mobile recording app.