Tieline Technology Recommends Report-IT Users Look to MOTIV Mics and Recording Solutions for Optimal Sound Quality
Indianapolis—April 18, 2016—Tieline Technology, creator of high-quality remote broadcast digital audio codecs and innovator behind the award-winning Report-IT iOS app, today announced its support for MOTIV, a line of digital microphones and recording solutions from Shure, a Company widely-recognized as the most trusted audio brand worldwide.
Shure’s MOTIV microphones—which enable users to capture high-quality, professional audio for podcasts, videos, stories, and more—pair seamlessly with Tieline’s Report-IT app that offers newsgatherers and live remote broadcast professionals the ability to turn any compatible iOS device into an ultraportable IP audio codec.
“Shure is a renowned global manufacturer of broadcast quality microphones and Tieline is delighted to announce its support for using the MOTIV range of microphones with Report-IT, the world’s most popular smartphone codec app for newsgathering and live remote broadcasts,” said Will McLean, CEO of Tieline. “Journalists require reliable, high-quality microphones when using Report-IT and they can feel extremely confident using Shure’s innovative MOTIV microphones for a wide variety of smartphone reporting applications.”
The easy-to-use MOTIV products include four Apple MFi (made for iPhone, iPod, iPad) Certified devices, including three condenser microphones and a sleek digital audio interface that can connect directly to any iOS device without additional adapters or connection kits. In addition, the MVL, an omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone, is part of the MOTIV family. Shure MOTIV digital microphones—as well as the digital interface—feature user-selectable DSP preset modes to ensure great sound no matter the application.
“As a company, Tieline has certainly established itself as a leader within the codec space through a robust portfolio of innovative tools—such as Report-IT—that have become integral to the newsgathering and live remote broadcast production process,” said Matt Engstrom, Category Director for Wired Products at Shure. “With this, we’re proud that the company shares a similar level of confidence in our MOTIV microphones and recording solutions, and we look forward to the unique use cases and applications Tieline’s Report-IT users find most fitting for each model within the MOTIV line.”
The MOTIV product line includes the below solutions, enabling Report-IT customers to choose from a variety of solutions, from live sound, to interviews, video, and more:
- MV5 Digital Condenser Microphone (MAP $99): The MV5 is compatible with iOS, Android, Mac, and PC devices and is ideal for recording vocals and acoustic instruments, or for use in podcasting or video chat, and comes equipped with three DSP modes and USB and Lightning® cables. Engineered with convenience in mind, the MOTIV MV5 has a built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring and the custom-tuned microphone capsule provides best-in-class audio. The MV5 is available in green, gray, blue, red, and black (region dependent) and ships complete with a detachable desktop stand and integrated thread mount compatible with any 1/4 inch standard camera tripod.
- MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone (MAP $149): The MOTIV MV88 connects directly to any Apple iPhone, iPod, or iPad equipped with a Lightning connector to capture high-quality field recordings on the go. The mid-side microphone element is mounted to a 90-degree hinge with built-in rotation that allows for highly flexible microphone position, even in video applications. Five built-in DSP preset modes, plus five-band EQ, stereo width control, and other advanced features are easily accessed through the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
- MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (MAP $199): Specifically engineered for high-quality digital audio capture, the all-digital MOTIV MV51 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone ships with USB and Lightning cables and seamlessly connects to any iOS, Android, Mac, or PC. Equipped with five onboard DSP preset modes to provide optimal recording results, the MV51 includes the industry’s first touch panel control for quick access to gain, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The one-inch capsule element provides unmatched audio results, which are easily monitored in real-time through the built-in headphone output. The striking vintage design includes an integrated kickstand for desktop use and quickly adapts for use with any standard mic stand.
- MVi Digital Audio Interface (MAP $129): The MVi connects any XLR microphone or 1/4 instrument (guitar, bass, or keyboard) to an iOS, Android, Mac, or PC for seamless, high-quality audio capture. Equipped with the five built-in DSP preset modes, the MVi includes Shure’s unique onboard touch panel control for quick access to gain, phantom power, mute, and headphone volume adjustments. The MVi is portable, with a low profile footprint and durable construction. It includes USB and Lightning cables.
- MVL Lavalier (MAP $69): Ideal for capturing quality audio for field recording, dictation, news reporting, audio/video recording, and more, the MVL omnidirectional condenser lavalier microphone connects directly to tablets and smartphones for ultimate convenience and mobility. The MVL is designed to be used with Shure’s newest iOS app, ShurePlus™ MOTIV Mobile Recording App.
- ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App (Free): Designed for use with MOTIV Microphones, the ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App allows real-time adjustments for the best performance, based on the specific microphone it is being used with. The easy-to-use interface provides quality sound at 24-bit/48 kHz for clear audio in virtually any environment, as well as file sharing and gain control.
MOTIV products are available through select Shure Authorized Retailers, including Amazon, American Musical Supply (AMS), Apple, B&H, BSW, Full Compass, Guitar Center, Musician’s Friend, Sam Ash, Sweetwater, and Zzounds. For more information, please call 1-800-25-SHURE or visit www.shure.com/motiv. Tieline’s Report-IT App is available for download on iOS devices in the Apple App Store, and on Google Play for Android devices. For more information, visit http://www.tieline.com/products/G5/Report-IT.