The Shure Update Utility is a stand-alone application that streamlines the process of updating the firmware and software of compatible Shure products. The application offers a simplified interface to download the latest updates from Shure and configure Shure hardware to receive those updates. Updates are deployed to supported devices over an Ethernet network.
The Shure Update Utility can update the following Shure hardware:
- Audio Network Interfaces
- Axient® Digital Wireless System
- Axient® Wireless Management Network
- GLX-D® Digital Wireless System
- IntelliMix® P300 Audio Conferencing Processor
- KSE1500 Electrostatic Earphone System
- Microflex® Advance™
- Microflex® Wireless
- PSM®1000 Personal Monitor System
- SBC450/850 Networked Charging Station
- SBRC Shure Battery Rack Charger
- SCM820 Digital IntelliMix® Automatic Mixer
- SHA900 Portable Listening Amplifier
- QLX-D® Digital Wireless Systems
- UHF-R® Wireless Systems
- ULX-D® Digital Wireless Systems
The software is supported on the following operating systems:
Windows 7, 8, and 10
Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11), and macOS Sierra (10.12)
Release Date: 11/6/2017
To update Shure Update Utility (version 2.4 or earlier) to version 2.4.1, download and re-install from Shure.com/SUU and not through Help > Check for Shure Update Utility updates.
- Returned support of Shure Update Utility for 32-bit Windows operating systems. To update Shure Update Utility (versions 2.2.2 or earlier) on a 32-bit Windows system, download version 2.4.1 for 32-bit systems to re-install the software.
- Added support for PSM1000 G62
- 32-Bit Windows
- Selecting "Help" > "Check for Shure Update Utility updates" will open Shure.com, which offers the latest version of Shure Update Utility to download. Shure Update Utility version 2.4.1 will not automatically detect new versions.
- To update Shure Update Utility (versions 2.2.2 or earlier) on a 32-bit Windows system, download version 2.4.1 for 32-bit systems to re-install the software. Older versions of Shure Update Utility will not detect new updates of Shure Update Utility that support 32-bit systems.
- Shure Update Utility version 2.4.1 for 32-bit systems is compatible with Wireless Workbench 6 version 6.12 or earlier.
Attempts to download ULXD6/8 transmitter firmware to a ULX-D or QLX-D receiver that is not at the minimum firmware version will fail. To update firmware for ULXD6/8 transmitters with ULX-D or QLX-D receivers:
Update receivers to the following minimum versions:
- ULXD4, ULXD4D, ULXD4Q Receivers 2.1.16
- QLXD4 Receivers 2.1.5
- Using Shure Update Utility, download ULXD6/8 transmitter firmware to the receivers.
- Using the FW Update menu on a receiver, update transmitters.
- Update receivers to the following minimum versions:
- Microflex Wireless devices running version 1.X firmware must first be updated to version 2.0.5 before being updated to version 3.X or later.
- Installing Shure Update Utility on Windows will also prompt the installation of a USB driver, which must be installed to support updating USB devices, like GLX-D.
- USB 2.0 Devices
- KSE1500, SHA900 and GLX-D (USB 2.0 connected devices) must be updated one at a time.
- USB hubs are not recommended when updating USB 2.0 connected devices. Always connect these devices directly to a USB terminal of the computer running Shure Update Utility.
- Shure Update Utility 2.4.1 for 64-bit systems is compatible with Wireless Workbench 6.12.2 or later.
- Shure Update Utility 2.4.1 for 32-bit systems is compatible with Wireless Workbench 6.12 or earlier.
|SUU QuickStart Guide||English||877 kb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.1 (64-bit Mac OS X 10.10 -10.12)||ZIP||13.9 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.1 (32-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||15.2 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.1 (64-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||16.5 mb|
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.