Wireless link between my guitar amp and my distortion pedal

FAQ #1376 Updated September 30, 2008


I would like to make a wireless link between my amp and my distortion pedal. Is it possible? I know it's possible from my guitar directly to the amp but that's not what I want, I need my distortion pedal and I need it near me. The wire I want to eliminate is the wire between my pedal and my amp and it is about 10 to 12 feet long.


You probably won't like the results. Distortion pedals are designed to drive the audio input of a guitar amp, not the audio input of a wireless transmitter. A wireless link from the pedal to the amplifier will sound very different than a cable link. Overdriving a guitar amp may sound great; overdriving a wireless transmitter does not.

We suggest you take your guitar, pedal, cables, and amplifier to a local music store. Set up your system with cables first, and get the sound you like. Then substitute a wireless system for the cable going from the pedal to your amp. If you like the sound, great. But do not be surprised if you do not like the sound.

Find an Answer

Related Product Types

Wireless Systems

Contact Information

Telephone: (800) 516-2525

Fax: (847) 600-8686

Additional Support

Ask a Question