I am considering the PSM200 for my monitering needs. Since I am a drummer, I have decided to go with the wired instead of the wireless. I have also looked into other wired moniter systems, such as a simple moniter amp with any ear buds (maybe even the E1 or E2).
1) Could you tell me the advantages of the wired PSM200 system over a small moniter amp?
2) Does it have a limiter like the wireless?
3) Is the wiring the same, as far as a line coming directly from the house board?
1) Small enough to wear on your belt; quick access to the volume control; can be used as a wireless receiver at a later date; built-in limiter; battery operation.
2) Yes. The PSM200 hardwired pack IS the same as the PSM200 wireless receiver. Also, note that the PSM200 system is monaural, not stereo.
3) Yes. A line level signal is required from the mixing board.