I have a portable recorder that has an 1/8" jack with plug-in power. How can I connect a Microflex mic to this recorder?
Adapting Shure MX391, MX202, MX412SE, MX418SE, WL183, WL184, or WL185 Microphones to "PLUG IN POWER" Microphone Connections - "Monaural Case"
3.5 mm (1/8”) Monaural Mini-Phone Plug
Do Not Use the Preamplifier Module, if supplied
(preamplifier is tubular, about ¾" diameter by 3 ½" long).
- Cut off TA4F 4-pin connector on Microphone Cable.
- Strip the microphone wire –separate the shield, red and black wires.
- Connect/solder the red wire to the tip connection.
- Connect/solder the black and shield wires to the sleeve of the connector.
- Set the cable clamp and reassemble connector.