I use the M67 and M68 mic mixers for church musicals, choirs, etc. They're great! Hope you can help me get even better use from these vintage classics by answering a few questions:
1. The Mix Bus on the M67 is at a much lower level than the Aux Hi Level Output on the M68. These should not be plugged together. A description is in the M67 Data Sheet. The only good way to connect these two mixers is to take the XLR mic out of one mixer into a normal XLR mic input of the next mixer.
1. To "stack" the M67 and M68, do I patch the "Aux Hi Level Output" on the M68 to the "Mix Bus" input on the M67?
2. To connect a phone plug cable to the "Line Out" posts on the M67, which wire (tip or ring) connects to which post (2 or 3)?
3. On the M67, to use the "Mic4/Line" input as a LINE input jack, which wires (tip or ring) from a phone plug cable connect to which plugs (1,2 or 3) on the XLRF jack?
4. How do I use the "Tone OSC" on the M67?
2. It doesn't matter. The phone system is a balanced line that contains the same audio information on both wires (out of phase).
3. One wire goes to pin 2, one wire goes to pin 3. Pin 1 is not connected.
4. Instructions are in the M67 Data Sheet at the following link: