Thank you for supporting Shrue products.
I want to order the Shure UA844SWB system for my Shure wireless Mic., I want to know more:
1. I have 3sets Shure Wireless system, SLX Receivers x4pcs (638 ~ 662MHz), SLX Receivers x4pcs (702 ~ 726MHz), ULXS4 Receivers x4pcs(740 ~ 752 MHz-Q4), is I order 3sets UA844 can fit for my system?
2. The SLX receivers is using 12VDC & ULXS4 is using 15VDC, how can I order the UA844SWB?! Is UA844SWB only can support with 14-18VDC?!
3. I need to prepare 3 pairs 1/2 Wave Antenna for my system, I have see UA820B (690 ~ 746MHz) can fit for my SLX (702 ~ 726MHz), but how is another SLX (638 ~ 662MHz) & ULXS (740 ~ 752 MHz-Q4) 1/2 Wave Antenna parts no.??
4. Without UA844SBW & 1/2 Wave Antenna is necessary parts for my system, how is another option is necessary??
5. The Shure UA-507 rack mount is fit for my system ULXS receivers?!
For you first question, the UA844SWB is a wide band UHF distributor (470-952 MHz). You can use it on all frequency band of SLX, ULX and other model. In your case, if you use one UA844SWB on each set of your wireless systems. It will work.
For your second question, when you use the UA844SWB, it come with a higher power power supply (PS45) which deliver you do not need to use your original power supply (PS21 or PS41) from the wireless system. The PS45 will deliver 15VDC at 3.33A to the UA844SWB. At the back side of the UA844SWB, there are four DC power output, each one is can output 14 to 18VDC at max 1.5A. There will be DC connecting cable as well, so your receiver can can get the power from the distributor directly.
For your third question, after you connect the UA844SWB on each sets of your receivers, you do need a pair of antenna than have the right frequency range to cover your receiver. Here is the antenna you need:
For your SLX-L4 (638 ~ 662MHz) , you need UA820K (606-666 MHz)
For your SLX-P4 (702 ~ 726MHz), you need UA820B (692-746 MHz)
For your ULXS4-Q4 (740~ 752MHz, you need UA820M (694-758 MHz)
To your forth question, when you have that many wireless system, if there is no distributor, you can hardly place your antenna correctly. Since SLX and ULX make the antenna in the back, if you put them into a flight case, all antennas hide inside the case, and the receiving signal will be substantially reduced. In addition, it is very difficult to connect extra cable to make remote antenna because you need to connect 8 pcs of cable and 8 pcs of antenna for only 4 receivers.
For the antenna, if you are not doing the remote antenna, you may use your original 1/4 wave antenna first since using 1/4 antenna need to connect to the chassis for the receiver or distributor. Theoretically, 1/4 wave antenna will have 3 dB less than the 1/2 wave antenna.
For your final question, yes the UA-507 can be use to mount two ULXS4 receiver in 1U space.