When was Digital Feedback Reduction (DFR) added to the SCM820?
Beginning October 30, 2013, DFR functionality was included in SCM820 firmware version 1.1.X or higher. Previous versions -- 1.0.11 and earlier -- require a firmware update and can be downloaded on the SCM820 web page.
The SCM820 DFR adds two channels of adaptive EQ filtering to improve gain before feedback in sound reinforcement systems. Features and functions include:
- Assignable to input channels and mix outputs
- Up to 16 filters per channel
- Up to 18 dB gain reduction per filter
- Automatic feedback detection and filter deployment
- "Freeze" feature locks depth and frequency of existing filters to avoid unwanted automatic changes
- Auto-clear on power cycle, or timeout, returns filter settings to a pre-defined state for the next event