When was Digital Feedback Reduction (DFR) added to the SCM820?
Beginning October 30, 2013, DFR functionality was included in SCM820 firmware version 1.1.X or higher. Previous versions -- 1.0.11 and earlier -- require a firmware update through the Shure Update Utility.
The SCM820 DFR adds two channels of adaptive EQ filtering to improve gain before feedback in sound reinforcement systems. Features and functions include:
- Assignable to input channels and mix outputs
- Up to 16 filters per channel
- Up to 18 dB gain reduction per filter
- Automatic feedback detection and filter deployment
- "Freeze" feature locks depth and frequency of existing filters to avoid unwanted automatic changes
- Auto-clear on power cycle, or timeout, returns filter settings to a pre-defined state for the next event