I have been trying to track down audio problems in our conference room. Channel 3 in SCM 810 #1 will not work, Channels 6,7,8 (for us 14,15,16) of SCM 810 #2 will not work. I have verified that the microphones (MX412) are good, the cables from the room to the RKC 800 are good, the Phoenix connectors are properly attached and properly seated.I tried testing with a 50' external XLR with a SM63 hand microphone and channels 14& 15 work with it but they do not work with the MX412. Channel 8 (16 on our set up)of SCM810 #2 actually passes audio back through the SM63 , which surprised me. Any Suggestions?
SCM 810 problems
We recommend this exact troubleshooting procedure to see if the mixer is defective.
1) Unlink the mixers.
2) Use headphones to the monitor the mixer output via the front panel jack.
3) Turn off "Last Mic Lock On" using the DIP switch set on the rear panel.
4) Use one, and only one, MX412. Use one, and only one, connecting cable.
5) Place the MX412 in front of a radio with a talk station tuned in. Do NOT use music as a source.
6) Set all input knobs on the mixer front panel to the same setting.
7) Connect the MX412 into input #1. Monitor with the headphones. Listen to the level and the fidelity.
8) Disconnect the MX412 from input #1 and move it to input #2. The level and fidelity should be nearly identical. Test the remaining inputs using the same procedure.
The method above will show if there is a mixer defect. If so, contact Shure Service for repair: 800-516-2525.