Replacing M175 cartridge

FAQ #2629 Updated October 23, 2008


I have an old Pioneer turntable with a Shure M175 cartridge. The stylus got broken and I would like to replace it, but is it so old that I really need to replace the whole cartridge? I love the way it sounded and would prefer to just replace the stylus but I can't even find a listing of that cartridge. Can you suggest a proper replacement stylus or comparable cartridge if styli are no longer available? I have mostly classical music or classic rock albums and my wife has mostly big band albums. Thank You in advance for your help and great products.


The replacement stylus is the NDC-HE.  Or replace the entire cartridge with either the Shure M92E or the Shure M97xE.

Find an Answer

Related Product Types


Contact Information

Telephone: (800) 516-2525

Fax: (847) 600-8686

Additional Support

Ask a Question