Replacement for Shure 2215/2225

FAQ #1003 Updated October 22, 2008


My turntable is an older MCS sold by JC Penny's. The cartridge is a Shure 2215 with a 2225 stylus. I have included two pictures. The cartridge is a snap-on type with four wires connecting it to the turntable.

QUESTION: I'd like to replace the stylus. Do I need to replace the cartridge too? Which Shure replacement stylus/cartridge. should I use?

Thank you very much!


Shure no longer has replacement cartridges or exact replacement stylus available for this model. But you can use any of the following styli as replacements: N93E, N75EJ, or N72EJ.

The stylus can be ordered directly from Shure at 1-800-516-2525.

Find an Answer

Related Product Types


Contact Information

Telephone: (800) 516-2525

Fax: (847) 600-8686

Additional Support

Ask a Question