R1000E replacement stylus

FAQ #1378 Updated July 18, 2007


Can you recommend a replacement for the R1000E cartridge. Your web site recommends the N91ED but I can only find N91ED-T2 Styli at the various shops I have visited around my home.

Is the N91ED-T2 unit compatible with the R1000E cartridge and is this the same unit referenced by Radio Shack part number 970-1174?


The N91ED replacement stylus is still available directly from Shure Service and Parts.

Installing the N91ED into the R1000E will provide like new performance.

The Radio Shack part 970-1174 may or may not be an original Shure stylus. It could be a third party replacement stylus.

For parts information please contact our Service Department at 800-516-2525 or 847-600-8699. Information concerning service, repair, parts and warranty of Shure products can be found at the following link:


Find an Answer

Related Product Types


Contact Information

Telephone: (800) 516-2525

Fax: (847) 600-8686

Additional Support

Ask a Question