1) How effective is the PS-6 Popper Stopper?
2) Will it affect the mic's frequency response?
3) What are it's dimensions?
1) When properly positioned, the PS-6 will provide between 20 and 30 dB of pop reduction.
2) From PS-6 fabric screen to performer's lips: 1 inch (3 cm) maximum. From microphone to PS-6 fabric screen: 3 inches (8 cm) minimum. Also the PS-6 should be positioned 1 inch (3 cm) off-center from the center of the microphone's grille.
How will the PS-6 affect the frequency response of the microphone?
From 20 Hz to 4 kHz, the PS-6 has no effect.
From 4 kHz to 6 kHz, the PS-6 has less than 1 dB of effect.
From 6 kHz to 8 kHz, the response is down by 1.5 dB.
From 8 kHz to 9 kHz, the response is down by 3 dB.
From 9 kHz to 13 kHz, the response is down 1 dB.
From 13 kHz to 20 kHz, the PS-6 has less than 1 dB of effect.
3) The disc that holds the black fabric screen is made of black plastic and has a diameter of 16.5 cm (6.5 inches). The fabric screen has two layers, separated by 10mm (3/8 inch).
The flexible section of the black metal gooseneck has a length of 33.5 cm (13.25 inch). The entire length of the disc-supporting arm is 38 cm (15 inches).
The black clamp/bracket is metal and has a length of 17.5 cm (7 inches). The maximum opening of the clamp is 32 cm (1.25 inches).