Couple of us are recording rap vocals (we already have beats) on my computer. We do this in my basement which is kinda dead. So, I was wondering which mic should we get?
1) I have been told that a dynamic one would be better because it would not pick up rooms acoustics like a condenser would. I have heard Beta 58 mics are good.
2) Which mic would you recommend?
3) Also, what else would you recommend in order to make a mic work with a sound card?
4) Any sound cards that you recommend?
1) False. The type of mic element has no effect.
2) The Beta 58 or SM58. Either should work well.
3) See below for this answer.
If your question is about connecting a professional microphone into a computer sound card, please read the following.
Microphone connected to a computer sound card