Large Spherical Voice Over Microphone?

FAQ #2590 Updated October 22, 2008


Whenever I see a picture showing someone making a voice recording (such as voicing a cartoon character, looping for a movie, or reading text) I notice that they are using a large, spherical microphone. Is that just a big windscreen or is the microphone that big. What kind of microphone are they using. If you think it relates to a particular Shure product, which one?


You might be referring to the "popper-stopper" model PS-6 in front of the mic.

Typical recording mics are the Shure KSM series.

Find an Answer

Related Product Types


Contact Information

Telephone: (800) 516-2525

Fax: (847) 600-8686

Additional Support

Ask a Question