The KSM353 has been replaced by the KSM353/ED, and the KSM313 has been replaced by the KSM313/NE. What has been changed?
As of October 2011, the KSM353 was replaced by the KSM353/ED:
1) An internal thread was added that surrounds the KSM353 XLR connector. This thread interlocks with the new A300SM Wire Rope Shock Mount with ShureLock®.
2) The new A300SM is supplied with the KSM353/ED.
3) The new A353SC aluminum carrying case is supplied with the KSM353/ED.
4) The new A300PC polishing cloth with Shure logo is supplied with the KSM353/ED.
5) The A353VB velveteen pouch is supplied with the KSM353/ED.
As of October 2011, the KSM313 was replaced by the KSM313/NE:
1) The KSM313 microphone has not been changed.
2) The new A300M Stand Mount with ShureLock® is supplied with the KSM313/NE. The A300M replaces the discontinued A313M monocle mount.
3) The new A313SC aluminum carrying case is supplied with the KSM313/NE.
4) The A313VB velveteen pouch is supplied with the KSM313/NE.
As of October 2011, these KSM ribbon microphone accessories are discontinued:
1) A313M monocle mount - for KSM313
2) A353SM shock mount - for original KSM353. If a new shock mount is required for an original KSM353, consider the Rycote Invision USM Shock Mount (part # 044901). http://www.rycote.com/products/invision_studio_kit/
3) Wooden box storage case.
1) The original KSM353 microphone does not fit the new A300SM.
2) The KSM313 does fit the new A300SM, but the appearance is odd. A313SM is recommended.