How to update firmware on ULX-D Wireless Systems ?
Step 1: Download and install the Shure Update Utility (SUU)
Download the Shure Update Utility (SUU) from the Shure website at www.shureasia.com/en/products/software/suu
Follow the instruction to install the SUU on your computer:
Step 2: Network the ULX-D Receiver and computer to each other
Connect an Ethernet cable between the computer network jack (or Ethernet switch) and the network port on the ULX-D receiver. The receiver and computer will form a private network using link-local (fallback) IP addresses.
Step 3: Update the ULX-D Receiver Firmware
1. Open the SUU, click "Tools" and then choose "Preferences":
2. In the "Preferences" window, click the "Network" tab. Choose the corresponding network card on your computer and click "OK". (Below picture for reference only.)
3. Click the "xx updates available" button at the top to check for updates:
4. Unselect all by choosing "None":
5. Select only the relevant ULX-D components by ticking the boxes on the right and click "Download":
6. After download is completed, click the "Update Devices" tab and choose the Version to install (2.0.19):
7. Click the "Send Updates…" button to send the latest firmware to your ULX-D receiver.
Step 4: Update the ULX-D Transmitter Firmware
1. After the installation is completed on the receiver, go to the front panel of the ULX-D receiver. Choose "DEVICE UTILITIES" and then "TX FW UPDATE".
2. Align the ULX-D transmitters with the IR ports (see diagram below).
Press "ENTER" on the receiver to begin the download to the transmitter. IR ports must be aligned for the entire download, which can take 50 seconds or longer.
Now both ULX-D receiver and transmitter are using the latest firmware and they should function normally.