How to update firmware on QLX-D Wireless Systems ?
Step 1: Download and install the Shure Update Utility (SUU)
Download the Shure Update Utility (SUU) from the Shure website at www.shureasia.com/en/products/software/suu
Follow the instruction to install the SUU on your computer:
Step 2: Network the QLX-D Receiver and computer to each other
Connect an Ethernet cable between the computer network jack (or Ethernet switch) and the network port on the QLX-D receiver. The receiver and computer will form a private network using link-local (fallback) IP addresses.
Step 3: Update the QLX-D Receiver Firmware
1. Open the SUU, click "Tools" and then choose "Preferences":
2. In the "Preferences" window, click the "Network" tab. Choose the corresponding network card on your computer and click "OK". (Below picture for reference only.)
3. Click the "xx updates available" button at the top to check for updates:
4. Unselect all by choosing "None":
5. Select only the relevant QLX-D components by ticking the boxes on the right and click "Download":
6. After download is completed, click the "Update Devices" tab and choose the Version to install (2.0.16):
7. Click the "Send Updates…" button to send the latest firmware to your QLX-D receiver.
Step 4: Update the QLX-D Transmitter Firmware
1. Press menu while holding the enter button to access the advanced menu. Use the menu button to navigate to the update menu.
2. Press enter to start the update.
3. When the red IR LED flashes, align the receiver and transmitter IR sync ports. The red LED will remain illuminated to indicate correct alignment and the download will automatically start.
4. Maintain alignment during the update and monitor download progress (0 to 100%) on the receiver screen.
5. When the update is complete, "TX Update good" is shown on the receiver display.
Now both QLX-D receiver and transmitter are using the latest firmware and they should function normally.