I want to remove the grounding tab (on the LG terminal pin) of my Shure cartridge. I am attempting to solve a ground loop issue. Instructions, please.
Small needle nose pliers or durable tweezers
Jeweler precision screwdriver set or eyeglasses screwdriver
01) Remove the stylus from the cartridge body. Set it aside in a safe location.
02) If the cartridge is installed, gently disconnect the wire leads. Take your time. The wire leads are fragile.
03) Remove the cartridge from the headshell.
04) Turn the cartridge with the terminal pins facing you.
05) Note four pins with plastic colored rings and a small flat "tab" on the LG pin or RG pin.
06) Slide off the plastic colored ring on the pin where the tab is located. Do not bend or pull on the terminal pin.
07) Place the plastic ring in a safe location.
08) Note the metal tab positioned around the pin.
09) Using a tiny screwdriver, pry gently under the tab and lift it away from the body.
10) The tab should slide out towards you and disconnect itself from the body as it rides up the pin. The tab has a smaller tab that is inserted into the seam alongside the body.
11) Save the grounding tab for future use.
12) Replace the colored ring on the terminal pin.
13) Reinstall the cartridge into the headshell.
14) Attach the headshell to the tone arm.
15) Replace the stylus into the cartridge body.