I have the task of researching the classic 55 microphone. I have found some information on your site already which has been helpful but I am still after some other info. Such as;
- When was it first released?
- And discontinued?
- How much was it selling for?
- And how much to buy one now?
- Do you have any polar pattern diagrams of this mic?
Any information would be much appreciated.
- We still make the model 55SH Series II - a direct descendant, and the Super 55. The limited production model 5575LE was introduced in December 2014. Only 5,575 units will be sold.
- $45 in 1939
- Contact a local Shure dealer for current pricing.
- Polar patterns are in the Data Sheet. Go to the User Guide section of the Shure web site.
The attached PDF files document the history of the Shure Unidyne microphone. The 2014 book was published to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Unidyne microphone. It is a large file and may be slow to download.