I have a new FP3 and cannot seem to make it latch to a Shure SM58. Is there a trick?
The FP3 has an internal spring that is designed to keep the FP3 firmly latch to the microphone. When new, the FP3 spring can be quite firm - this is by design so that the FP3-to-microphone connection is secure. Try this method:
1) Mate the SM58 and the FP3.
2) Put the SM58 grill into your left palm.
3) Put the butt end of the FP3 into your right palm.
4) Push from both ends - trying to bring your palms closer together.
5) Firm pressure should make the internal spring compress and allow the XLR connectors to latch.
Over time, the FP3 latching mechanism will become easier to use.