I am with the 919 Communication Squadron USAF Reserve and in the last couple of months I have had the need to get audio from a computer into our mixer. I was not able to run cable due to the set up of the room, and used one of our lapel microphones in front of a speaker, but with less than satisfactory results. The model number on the transmitter is UT4A-VK.
The headphone output of the computer is the output to use; it is low impedance and has a volume control. Here are the steps:
Does Shure make an adaptor to take the audio out of a computer and get it into the transmitter? If not is there some way for me to do this?
1) Set the gain on the UT1 transmitter to minimum (full counterclockwise)
2) Set the computer headphone level control to minimum.
3) Buy an adapter from Radio Shack #274-047 - 3.5mm male plug to 1/4" female jack
4) Connect adapter to computer headphone output.
5) Connect Shure cable WA302 to adapter.
6) Connect WA302 to UT1 transmitter.
7) Adjust headphone level on computer as necessary.
8) Connect UT4 receiver into the mixer.