Would like help knowing which mics for an a capella vocal group(5 members - 3 male , 2 female) you best recommend.
1) Is there that much difference in sound and quality between the Beta 58 and Beta 87 and is it noticeably a superior mic given the price difference? They will be used for live performance and recording. Thanks for your help as I look to purchase.
2) Does the Beta 87A have as good of pop and wind resistance as the Beta 58?
3) Are they as rugged in travel?
1) The Beta 58 is a dynamic element; the Beta 87 a condenser. Both mics sound great, but they sound different. It will be a personal preference, not a technical choice. Audition both at a Shure dealer is our best advice.
3) The Beta 58 has far fewer parts than the Beta 87, and therefore has a very slight edge in ruggedness.