How do I connect 9-10 VHF (LX4 or SC4) wireless receivers up to an antenna distribution system?
Antenna Distribution — 9 or 10 Diversity VHF Receivers
In applications involving multiple rack-mounted wireless microphone receivers, an antenna distribution system offers several advantages over mounting antennas on each individual receiver:
- Only 1 pair of antennas is required, making it more practical to remote-mount the antennas near the performance area.
- DC power can be distributed to each receiver, eliminating the need for multiple AC/DC power supplies.
- RF performance is improved by eliminating closely-spaced antennas on adjacent receivers, which interfere with each other.
- The standard 1/4-wave whip antennas supplied with most Shure VHF wireless systems may be used if they are connected directly to the inputs on the WA405. If the antennas are to be mounted remotely, the accessory WA380 1/2-wave antennas must be used.
- One pair of WA380 1/2-wave antennas is connected to the inputs of a WA405 Antenna Distribution System. Two sets of outputs from this WA405 are connected to the inputs of two more WA405’s, which feed the signals to 8 diversity receivers. The remaining two outputs of the WA405 feed the inputs of 2 diversity receivers.