We are looking to purchase a conference system and have used your older Conference1 system for years (and still rent them often). We are interested in your DIS system and have a couple questions:
· Can the DC 5980 P discussion units be used with the 6105 central unit?
· What would be the limitations of using the 5980 discussion units instead of the 6120/6190 units?
We like the expandability of the 6000 series, but only need the basic functionality of the 5900 series initially. We have done dual language meetings with real-time interpreters in the past, but don’t know how often we would be using that feature.
The 5900 and 6000 series components are not interchangeable. You need to choose one system or the other.
Basically, if you do not need voting, and do not need more than two interpretation languages, the 5900 series should suffice. However, here are some other reasons you might choose the 6000:
- Conferences with more than 250 participants
- Expanded software control for meeting management (agenda handling, paperless meetings, etc.)
- Touch screen conference units (with the DC 6990 P)
- Wider variety of "standard" conference units to choose from